WordPress Zero Spam Plugin
Why should your users prove that they’re humans by filling out captchas? Let bots prove their not bots with the WordPress Zero Spam plugin.
WordPress Zero Spam blocks registration spam and spam in comments automatically without any additional config or setup. Just install, activate and enjoy a spam-free site.
Zero Spam was initially built based on the work by David Walsh.
Major features in WordPress Zero Spam include:
- No captcha, because spam is not users’ problem
- No moderation queues, because spam is not administrators’ problem
- Extend the plugin with action hooks
If you have suggestions for a new add-on, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want regular updates? Follow me on Twitter or visit my blog.
Download Now (Version 1.4.0) Fork on GitHub WordPress Repo
- Added `zero_spam_found_spam_comment` and `zero_spam_found_spam_registration` action hooks (thanks @tangrufus)
- Minor updates to the readme file
1.3.1 – 1.3.3
- Minor fixes to WP SVN repo
- Removed Grunt creation of the trunk directory
- Added spam detection script to registration form
- Fixed some typos in the readme.txt file
- Removed testing for core function testing
- Fix for adding comments from admin (thanks @afragen)
- Removed unneeded WP svn trunk and tags folders from the git repo (thanks @afragen)
- Updated theme documentation.
- WordPress generator meta tag removed to help hide WordPress sites from spambots.
- Initial release.