WordPress Zero Spam Plugin
Why should your users prove that they’re humans by filling out captchas? Let bots prove they’re not bots with the WordPress Zero Spam plugin.
WordPress Zero Spam blocks registration spam and spam in comments automatically without any additional config or setup. Just install, activate, and enjoy a spam-free site.
Zero Spam was initially built based on the work by David Walsh.
Major features in WordPress Zero Spam include:
- No captcha, because spam is not users’ problem
- No moderation queues, because spam is not administrators’ problem
- Contact Form 7 support if installed and activated
- Gravity Form support if installed and activated
- BuddyPress support if installed and activated
- Supports caching plugins to help provide great performance
- Blocks spammy IPs from ever seeing your site
- Extend the plugin with action hooks
- Optional logging, so you can see who’s trying to spam
- Advanced settings for complete control
If you have suggestions for a new add-on, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want regular updates? Follow me on Twitter or visit my blog.
Download Now (Version 1.5.3) Fork on GitHub WordPress Repo Report Issue
- Fixed Gravity Form issues (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/101)
- Added IP location service (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/84)
- Improved pagination (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/91)
- Made date/times match site’s WP time, not servers (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/89)
- Removed the banner image to boost performance (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/86)
- Enhancements to the admin JS to boost performance
- Works with Multisite as network activated or per sub site (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/85)
- Added BuddyPress support (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/61)
- Added missing code documentation and fixed typos (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/64)
- Fixed issue with settings not getting initially saved when the plugin is activated. (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/69)
- Added ability to auto block spam IPs (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/71)
- Added paging to spammer log and blocked IPs (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/60)
- Added additional stats and graphs (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/75)
- Fixed issue with comment moderators not being able to reply to comments (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/74)
- Fix issue with DB errors when first activating plugin (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/issues/80)
- Switched to using a nonce to validate form submissions that support WordPress Zero Spam
- Added Zero Spam plugin settings page for advanced control
- Fix for for non-logged in users (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/pull/27, thanks @afragen)
- Added blank index.php files to prevent directory browsing (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/pull/24, thanks @TangRufus)
- Added uninstall.php (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/pull/23, thanks @TangRufus)
- Addded support for GitHub Updater plugin (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/pull/21, thanks @afragen)
- Added support for Contact Form 7 form submissions (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/pull/26, thanks @leewillis77)
- Added ability to log spam detections
- Fix for warnings cause by default settings not being set before actions run (https://github.com/bmarshall511/wordpress-zero-spam/pull/31, thanks @leewillis77)
- Installed Compass (http://compass-style.org/)
- Added support for Gravity Forms
- Fixed potential issue with sites that use caching plugins
- Fixed minor typos (thnaks @macbookandrew)
- Added `zero_spam_found_spam_comment` and `zero_spam_found_spam_registration` action hooks (thanks @tangrufus)
- Minor updates to the readme file
1.3.1 – 1.3.3
- Minor fixes to WP SVN repo
- Removed Grunt creation of the trunk directory
- Added spam detection script to registration form
- Fixed some typos in the readme.txt file
- Removed testing for core function testing
- Fix for adding comments from admin (thanks @afragen)
- Removed unneeded WP svn trunk and tags folders from the git repo (thanks @afragen)
- Updated theme documentation.
- WordPress generator meta tag removed to help hide WordPress sites from spambots.
- Initial release.